Saturday, February 21, 2015

Relief





This was the hardest mini lesson for me simply because of the x-acto knives. I hate working with dry mediums and I hated scraping through the cardboard. I feel that the final result is good, however the process was tedious. 



To me, the clay tile mini lesson was pretty easy and fun because it was on a flat surface, which is easiest for me, and I enjoy working with clay. I liked my idea for this lesson and it was enjoyable to create. My biggest challenges with this lesson was the dryness of the clay, and I failed to smooth the clay at the end. 

My final piece was inspired by the theme Human and Nature.

How did you use your own unique ideas in your work?
I've always been fascinated by the human heart and doodle it all over my papers. I wanted to combine human and nature in a creative way, and when I sketched my project it came out just as I imagined it. The heart was drawn to resemble a rose, to be a heart/flower in a vase. 
What is this art intended to say? 
When I was creating this piece, I did it with the idea in mind of the connection humans have with nature. I didn't want to simply mush together a human and nature theme, so I used the idea of the heart, a symbol for human capacity for love and soul, to combine with a plant that lacked that capability. The work is intended to show the contrast between intelligent life and nonintelligent life, while highlighting the greater beauty in a simpler life form that cannot be achieved by humans alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment