Monday, November 23, 2015

Non-Traditional Materials


        Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice

For my non traditional material project, I knew I wanted to do something with trees. It was fall and I was already thinking about thanksgiving and holiday food, so I got the idea to use spices. The woman is in a wedding dress to show her femininity. Her dress is made up of the sugar. Her skin is made up of an onion spice, and the trees are made up of nutmeg, pumpkin spice, and a few other spices. For the ground, I found that thyme leaves worked well and made it really look like dry grass. I used spray on glue to get everything to stick to the paper, and it was really difficult to keep the spices from spraying everywhere. I ended up having to redo the project once because I made the woman's dress out of salt and sugar first to avoid attracting ants, but the glue had a weird reaction with the salt and bled through the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment