Monday, February 4, 2013

Chick The Skeleton

                                                                         Chick The Skeleton
I feel that this piece shows both the good and the bad of my artistic abilities.  There is obvious improvement between the pieces, but there is still alot of error in the final piece. I feel like the final piece is much better, although there are some positive things about the first one.  It seems weird to me to call my second drawing of chick the 'final piece' because although she is techincally complete, I didn't draw the whole body, because I could only draw what I saw.  However, I still feel like this piece is successful because of the time I spent on it and the improvements you can see.  What worked about this project was we had a generous amount of time that allowed me to focus and try my best to be detailed and accurate with the drawing.  What didn't work was that I could barely see Chick's bones, making them almost impossible to draw perfectly.  If I did this project again, I would try to get a frontal view of Chick because I think I would feel more satisfied with the final product because I would be enabled to draw more of the skeleton. The most difficult part of this project was one I already mentioned, which was the distance issue between me and Chick, making it hard to see the bones and know which one I was drawing because I wasn't right up close to her.  Throughout this project, I've learned to pay close attention to detail when drawing, and to draw what is actually in front of you rather than what you think a skull or a leg would look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment