Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Soda Can, Lollipop, Candy Mini Projects






               
                Soda Can 
I had a huge challenge using the oil pastels. They were very hard for me to mix, and I had a difficult part of the can to draw. On the can, the man was not obviously drawn, but white spots were used to create the image of one. I originally tried to recreate that, but I wasn't able to. I'm happy with the shape of the can, but if I could, I would redo the project and not make the oil pastels as thick.



 
                      Lollipop Drawing
I feel that this was the most successful mini project of the three for me. I tried to shade the lollipop and make it look 3D, and although I could've done more, I'm still satisfied with the final outcome. Colored pencils are very easy for me to use and I feel I have the most control over them. 

 
                         Candy
I feel that this project is good, but it could be improved. I'm happy with my blending, and the chalk pastels were rather easy to use. The only thing I had a problem with was the wrapper. One side ended up much better than the other, so I wish I could go back and lighten up the part of the wrapper I went too dark on. Overall, I enjoyed this project and I liked using the new medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment