Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Up Close and Personal


               Up Close and Personal

     For this project, I used a lot of creativity and all of the ideas for the colors and shapes of the animals  and backround came from my own mind. I didn't really use a guide with this project, and that's what I enjoyed the most about it. I put everything where I wanted it and how I wanted it, and although it didn't end up perfect, I really love how it turned out. 
   A challenge I faced in this project was making the bird look realistic, and making it look like it is pitched on the bowl. There were not many pictures of a bird perching on a fishbowl online, so using my own mind to decide the angle the bird would be at was rather difficult. I improvised, and erased many times when drawing the bird until it ended up in a position that I was satisfied with. 
      As far as deciding the colors, I wanted to show off a tropical feel with the piece. I feel that this was a very unique decision because it's abnormal to see a fishbowl out in a tropical forest, but I went with it. I tried to make the piece very bright and pleasant to look at while using tropical influences. The bird,fish, and plants are based off of tropical animals. I loved this project because my drawing is almost all from my own creativity, but the influences found in the art help tie in together to make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment