Thursday, May 14, 2015

Dwelling


    What I liked about this project was getting to chose whatever medium I wanted to create a dwelling. We were given limits on how much clay we could use if we chose to use clay, and I didn't use cardboard or paper because I didn't want to work with a hot glue gun. I got the idea to create a transparent house with a deeper symbolic meaning. The wire house is all connected, and I like the abstract, even eerie feeling it gives off. The house seems sturdy; it has four walls and windows, but inside, it's empty. I love the 3D representation of this house. The house is not perfect; it has wire spirals and twists but that's what makes it unique. It was too difficult to create the house without ever cutting the wire, but I did so with different sections of the house to create that abstract effect. I wouldn't change anything about this project; it does a good job representing its given meaning and has a unique feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment